Turó d’en Mota
Enoteca Turó d’en Mota de Recaredo is the result of a fierce non-conformism, but also of the ingenuous spirit and romanticism that lead us to embark on an emotional quest to capture this land of lime and its old Xarel·lo vines.
It’s a way of telling our story, a vivid memory, a way of relating to each other, of getting to know each other. First and foremost, it seeks to offer wine lovers the opportunity to enjoy a landscape.
It is the result of the combined efforts of fathers and sons, oenologists and disgorgers, pruners and grape pickers, but above all of our deep belief in the limitless potential of this land of Xarel·los that we admire so much.
- Ideal ripening point and harvest: September 11th, 1999
- Manual harvest
- Annual production of the vineyard: 4,330 kg/ha of grapes
- Is a unique and unrepeatable edition of 150 bottles from the Recaredo family’s private collection, reserved from a total of 2,973 bottles we produced from the 1999 vintage.
- Average temperature in 1998/1999 season: 14.8 ºC
- Historical average temperature: 15.6 ºC
- Rainfall from October 1998 to September 1999: 393 mm.
- Historical average rainfall in Sant Sadurní d’Anoia: 528 mm.
- Extreme ageing of 281 months (23 years and 5 months) in bottle and with natural cork stopper.
- Riddling by hand in traditional racks.
- Manual disgorging without freezing the neck of the bottle on September 11th, 2023
- Vinification, wine-making and ageing in Recaredo.
Serve in a tall cup in the form of tulip, broad base and slightly closed upper part.
Keep this bottle at 15ºC to ensure a good evolution.
To appreciate all the complexity, we recommend opening the bottle a few minutes before and serving it around 10ºC.
+99 points. “Very light creme fraiche and vanilla crispness, light porcini and pie crust, baked yellow apple. Excellent and delicate on the palate with soft agility and a threaded acidity that winds though it perfectly as it opens”.
LOCATION AND GEOLOGY OF THE WINEYARD
- The vineyard of Turó d’en Mota has 0.97 ha with north and northeast exposure. Only in the extraordinary harvests is a part of the vineyard of 0.55 ha with Southeast exposure.
- Grounds of limestone texture (balance of sand, slime and clay) and very calcareous nature. They are treated with deep and well-drained soils, with moderate water storage capacity.
- Very evolved soils due to the presence of a calcium horizon with important accumulations of carbonates in the form of nodules, that is, stones formed from concentrations of lime. They have an active limestone of 14%, which makes them extremely calcareous soils.
- Organic matter of 1.5% (very low) and soil pH of 8.5 (very basic).